OWC Aura Ultra IV 8.0TB
The fastest NVMe M.2 SSD solution for computers and external drives
- Transformative: with up to 7200MB/s reads and up to 6500MB/s writes, you’ll dramatically speed up A/V workflows, video streaming, system responsiveness, back-ups, app/gaming load times, and more
- Consistent: dynamic SLC cache keeps write speed consistent during intensive bursts
- Optimized: 1M read/1M write 4K block IOPS for fast file retrieval required by video editing, VFX, sound design, spatial imaging, and transactional databases
- Advanced: incorporates the latest flash management technologies for the highest data integrity, performance, and drive longevity
- Accurate: 4th Gen LDPC ECC engine keeps your data error-free
- Feature-packed: supports S.M.A.R.T., NCQ, and NVMe Deallocate (TRIM) for the best drive space management, reporting, performance, and longevity
- Compatible: brings out the best in 3.0 machines and devices
- Warranty: 2 Year OWC Limited Warranty
Estimated Delivery1-10 Days
Return Policy7 days return policy only against manufacturing defects.
Warranty2 year manufacturer warranty
Prepare to Launch
Strap in and hold on tight as the Aura Ultra IV launches you into an entirely new world of drive performance. This high performance PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD delivers 2X faster data transfer rate of PCIe 3.0 SSDs, which lets you experience the full potential of NVMe drive technology up to real-world speeds of 7200MB/s. Start up your OS nearly instantaneously. Transfer large files lightning fast. Load apps and large music sample libraries in a blink. The Aura Ultra IV is the fastest internal storage drive upgrade for Mac and Windows PC performance enthusiasts, content creators, and gamers.
Ready for Everything
The PCIe 4.0 era has begun, and the Aura Ultra IV delivers the advancements needed for today’s data-intensive, production-level audio, design, and photography workloads. Investing in this new drive standard doesn’t mean leaving yesterday behind. Like all well designed technology, the Aura Ultra IV is backwards compatible. Whether you have a PCIe 2.0 or 3.0 computer, the Aura Ultra IV will deliver incredible performance to push whatever you use your system for – content editing, spatial imaging, database, or gaming - to the limit.
Up Your Game
The Aura Ultra IV lets you up your gaming experience to new levels of enjoyment. Start playing and stop waiting with the fastest possible load times. Enjoy a smoother experience with better responsiveness. The Aura Ultra IV also prepares you for the future of gaming in Windows 11 with DirectStorage technology which utilizes the high bandwidth of NVMe SSDs to deliver higher game frame rates.
Whether you’re editing large format video in the field on an ultra-thin notebook or using Affinity Photo to do delicate image retouching on a dedicated workstation, the Aura Ultra IV helps you go the distance. By incorporating advanced flash management technologies along with Dynamic SLC caching, the Aura Ultra IV delivers exceptional transfer speeds with the highest data integrity and drive reliability.
Ideal Inside or Out
The Aura Ultra IV features an industry-standard form factor so you can effortlessly install it into notebook, small form factor, and full-sized desktop computers in a variety of ways:
- Directly on motherboards equipped with an M.2 2280 slot.
- In a x4/x8/x16 PCIe slot with a single drive PCIe M.2 SSD adapter card to increase speed and storage capacity.
- In a x4/x8/x16 PCIe slot with a multi-drive PCIe M.2 SSD adapter card to create the ultimate performance drive for AI, cloud computing, and machine learning.
If your Mac/PC doesn’t have an open or compatible PCIe slot but is Thunderbolt compatible, PCIe adapter cards like OWC Accelsior can be used externally in a PCIe Expansion chassis.
OWC Aura Ultra IV - 8.0TB
- Capacity8000GB Useable Capacity - Total Flash Memory Components: 8192GB
- "- 192GB Allocated to real-time data redundancy and error correction
- Formatted Capacity7451GiB
- ControllerPhison PS5018-E18 with 3% over-provisioning
- NAND Flash ComponentsKioxia Triple-Level Cell (TLC) 3D NAND Flash
- S.M.A.R.T. AttributesStandard attributes supported
- Native Command Queuing (NCQ)Up to 32 simultaneous commands
- RAID SupportYes
- Form FactorM.2 - 2280 "M Key"
- Storage InterfacePCIe 4.0 x4, NVMe 1.4
- Random 4K ReadUp to 1,000,000 IOPS
- Random 4K WriteUp to 1,000,000 IOPS
- Sequential Read (Max)Up to 7200 MB/s
- Sequential Write (Max)Up to 6500 MB/s
- Average Access TimeLess than 0.1 ms
- Nonrecoverable Read Errors1 per 1015 bits read
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures)1,600,000 hours
- TRIM SupportYes
- SecuritySecure Erase (SE)
- Endurance5600TB total bytes written (TBW), equal to 2192 GB per day for 7 years
- Mac OS CompatibilityRequires additional hardware, please see the 'Other Requirements' section for more details.
- PC OS CompatibilityWindows 11, Windows 10 32-bit Edition, Windows 10 64-bit Edition
- Other RequirementsOn a Mac, this drive requires a compatible external enclosure or Accelsior PCIe card.
- " "Not a compatible replacement for the internal drive in any Mac computer.
- Write Mode (Max)Up to 10.5 Watts
- Seek Mode (Max)Up to 4.2 Watts
- Idle Mode (Max)Up to 0.3 Watts
- DimensionsHeight: 0.3 cm (0.1 in), Length: 8.0 cm (3.1 in), Width: 2.2 cm (0.9 in)
- Weight7.0 g (0.02 lbs)
- RoHS CompliantYes
- Ambient TemperatureOperating: 32°F to 158°F (0°C to 70°C), Non-Operating: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- HumidityOperating: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- ShockOperating: 1500 G max at 0.5 ms
- Idle (Typical)0.0 bels
- Seek (Typical)0.0 bels